church and Community News
- Our Rector Philip's Sabbatical
Philip finishes his sabbatical on 15th December. He is holding an Open Studio to showcase his work during this period on Friday 13th December from 6:30 - 8:00 pm at 18, Russell Street, Bath, courtesy of Gordon and Libby Cooke. Refreshments will be provided and Philip will give a short talk at 7:00 pm to reflect on his journey and express his gratitude. All are welcome!
- Ensleigh Christmas Celebration; a joint event between both our churches and Abbot Alphage Academy (AAA) on Monday 16th December from 6pm at Abbot Alphege AcademyIf you can help with food (BVM) or drinks (SS) please see Debbie, Christian(SS) or Sue Thomas (BVM)
THANKSGIVING SERVICES FOR THE LIVES OF CHURCH FAMILY MEMBERS
- David H, long term member of St Stephen’s family, who with his wife Jean, was key to the development of St Stephen’s Centre, sadly died this week. A thanksgiving for his life will be held at St Stephen’s in January. Our thoughts and prayers are with Simon and Caroline and their families.
- A Thanksgiving service for the life of Sue H will be held at St Stephen’s Church 11am Friday 24th January.
SCROLL DOWN TO FIND DATES FOR ALL CHRISTMAS SERVICES AT ST STEPHEN'S FOR DECEMBER 2019
- St. Stephen’s Church Eco group – are looking for new members to help improve our environmental impact.
Please contact Kathy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07957 345198 for more information and to get involved.
- Mothers Union are currently supporting Bath Refuges during their 16 days focus on gender based violence by donating Supermarket gift cards (£5 or £10, Sainsbury's or Morrison's). Do support them and let Pam C or Mary G have your cash/gift card by 8th Dec, and they will pass them on to Julian House
- Christmas Cards in aid of Tear Fund and Mothers’ Union for sale in the foyer at St Stephen’s.
CHURCH AND COMMUNITY: REGULAR MONTHLY EVENTS
Lansdown Friendship Club
This is taking place at St Stephen's Centre on the first Friday every month 2:00 – 3.30 pm, and is especially suited for anyone experiencing memory difficulties. All welcome with an accompanying family, friend or carer. NEXT MEETING IS ON FRIDAY 3rd January 2:00 - 3:30 pm. email@example.com We are very grateful to Roper Rhodes, the Allen Lane Foundation and Wessex Water for their financial support.
Popcorn is St Stephen’s new monthly film night for young people of secondary school age. Meeting on the first Sunday of the month 6.30-9:00 pm St Stephen's Church foyer. Bring a snack to share. email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Prayer is the foundation of being church. St Stephen’s Mondays 8.45am, Saturday 9.30-10am. St Mary’s 8.10am and 9am Tuesdays, and meditation 7.00 pm Wednesdays.
Please pray for:
- Climate Change
B&NES council has declared a climate emergency and has voted to make our city carbon neutral by 2030. We will pray how our churches can support this.
Please pray for the chaplaincy of Debbie at Send-a-Cow.
- Pray for those associated with us training to be priests:
Jane Hoe who has begun her training at Sarum, Tim May in his second year at Durham, and our new curate to be, Andrew Avramenko also at Sarum. We pray also for their families.
- Community Houses of Prayer
These groups meet once a month on a Tuesday at 19:45. Meetings take place within the various Bath communities to pray for Bath and the area represented. The event is organised by Bath Christian Action Network andmore information is available on www.bathchurches.org.uk Click on preceding web link for more information.
- God's Glorious Creation! See the link below to discover our Eco Church Advent Challenge
Jane's Sermon from Advent sunday: light in the darkness
Please download to listen to the whole sermon