Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find sermons from this period
St Stephen's gardens' "outstanding" award
Thanks to our dedicated gardens' team, St Stephen’s has received another OUTSTANDING from South West in Bloom! We collected our "Outstanding" Certificate at the SWIB Awards Monday 9th December - a well attended event with BANES people as well as gardeners.
church and Community News
Scroll down for Advent Sermons
Philip and Debbie say "Thank you in advance to all in both church families who will enable us to celebrate Christmas this year - especially the unseen work of preparation, clearing and hospitality. Together we shall enable many folk to worship, reflect, tingle and find peace amidst the madness. Blessings and joy be with you."
- Our Rector Philip's Sabbatical
On Sunday we welcomed Rector Philip back from his sabbatical. Philip says: "My ongoing thanks to all who helped keep things vibrant and wonderful whilst I was on sabbatical. Especially Gabriela, the wardens, and Debbie."
- St. Stephen’s Church Eco group – are looking for new members to help improve our environmental impact.
Please contact Kathy on email@example.com or 07957 345198 for more information and to get involved.
- Christmas Cards in aid of Tear Fund and Mothers’ Union for sale in the foyer at St Stephen’s.
THANKSGIVING SERVICES FOR THE LIVES OF CHURCH FAMILY MEMBERS
- David H, long term member of St Stephen’s family, who with his wife Jean, was key to the development of St Stephen’s Centre, sadly died this last week. A thanksgiving servicefor his life will be held at St Stephen’s in January. Our thoughts and prayers are with Simon and Caroline and their families.
- A Thanksgiving service for the life of Sue H will be held at St Stephen’s Church 11am Friday 24th January.
CHURCH AND COMMUNITY: REGULAR MONTHLY EVENTS
Lansdown Friendship Club
This is taking place at St Stephen's Centre on the first Friday every month 2:00 – 3.30 pm, and is especially suited for anyone experiencing memory difficulties. All welcome with an accompanying family, friend or carer. NEXT MEETING IS ON FRIDAY 7th FEBRUARY 2:00 - 3:30 pm. firstname.lastname@example.org We are very grateful to Roper Rhodes, the Allen Lane Foundation and Wessex Water for their financial support.
Popcorn is St Stephen’s new monthly film night for young people of secondary school age. Meeting on the first Sunday of the month 6.30-9:00 pm St Stephen's Church foyer. Bring a snack to share. email email@example.com for more information
- Prayer is the foundation of being church. St Stephen’s Mondays 8.45am, Saturday 9.30-10am. St Mary’s 8.10am and 9am Tuesdays, and meditation 7.00 pm Wednesdays.
Please pray for:
- Climate Change
B&NES council has declared a climate emergency and has voted to make our city carbon neutral by 2030. We will pray how our churches can support this.
Please pray for the chaplaincy of Debbie at Send-a-Cow.
- Pray for those associated with us training to be priests:
Jane Hoe who has begun her training at Sarum, Tim May in his second year at Durham, and our new curate to be, Andrew Avramenko also at Sarum. We pray also for their families.
- Community Houses of Prayer
These groups meet once a month on a Tuesday at 19:45. Meetings take place within the various Bath communities to pray for Bath and the area represented. The event is organised by Bath Christian Action Network andmore information is available on www.bathchurches.org.uk Click on preceding web link for more information.
- God's Glorious Creation! See the link below to discover our Eco Church Advent Challenge
Jane's Sermon from Advent sunday: light in the darkness
Please download to listen to the whole sermon